Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Awards, Cereal, Coupons.

First, thank you to Jackie for giving me this award:


It was a fun suprise to wake up to in my inbox! Thanks Jackie, you know I think you're fabulous.

Also, I need to write about coupons and frugal grocery shopping. I like to buy my groceries on Sundays, going through the week and seeing what I need. It usually happens that every other Sunday is big grocery week (i.e. stocking up) and little grocery week (getting re-stock essentials like milk, bread, etc.) However, if there's a really great sale, I will shop inbetween. Like today. I purchased 20 (I know, thats a lot for a family of 3.5 people that will last us at least 6 months if not more...) boxes of brand name cereals, 2 pillsbury ready to bake cookie sheets,a flakey croissant cinnabon pillsbury roll and a half gallon of milk for $20. The store I shopped at (Albertsons) was having a fantastic sale, I had a ton of coupons, and it was just a happy day.

My husband absolutly loves cold cereal, he would eat it all 3 meals if he could, so this is a fun thing for him because we usually don't splurge on cereal. As well, his little brother is coming home today from an LDS mission in Brasil so the cookies will serve well at the party...(I'm not good at being domestic, so homemade cookies is out of the question. Plus for $1 these are almost as cheap if not cheaper than homemade cookies, and eatible!)

So in additon to earning money online, I suggest looking for ways to cut back on money spending as well! Best of Luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Award. How could I win one? :)

Just kidding